Reflection

I have mixed feelings about using Blackboard versus CUNY Academic Commons for making my e-Portfolio. I found using the Blackboard platform was difficult in maneuvering around the website. It was difficult to find how to view your page as the author, in comparison with viewing your page as another user. Also, the final view of my page was not as clean as I hoped that it would look. The text that I entered was spilling out of the margins of the page, and there appeared to be no option nor solution to fix this. One pro I found was that entering my post content and uploading the images was straightforward. Another feature I appreciated was the many options available for editing the text.

CUNY Academic Commons’ platform, on the other hand, gave me difficulties with editing my text formats. I had to go through settings to upload a plugin in order to get a feature of being able to change my font type and size. However, if I had to choose between the two platforms, I would choose CUNY Academic Commons. I found it more straightforward to use, as it resembled a lot of how Microsoft Office works. It also makes it easy to go between editing your pages, and viewing how another user would see the page. I also really enjoyed how simple it was to customize the format of my page, and how clean the final product looked. It feels great to be able to add these personal touches.